The Best Home Workout Guide
No Gym? No Problem.
Okay – tacky headline, but seriously, I get it. I used to work in the consulting world – and 9pm finishes were all too regular. Once I got home from work, I sometimes didn’t feel like leaving the house. It might only be a 10 minute drive to the gym, but if you’ve worked late, have kids, still need to make dinner, put the kids to bed, and wash the dishes– that short drive suddenly becomes A LOT longer. Or, additionally, you just might not like gyms. Which is okay… but whatever the reason, you can make up for it with an awesome home workout.
Of course you shouldn’t avoid the gym completely – this is just an alternative.
Also, it’s important to mention – just because you’re working out from home, doesn’t mean it should be easy! So, here it is. A collation of the most energy consuming compound workouts that’ll make your fat cry and glands sweat.
A few IMPORTANT things to remember when performing our Home Workout:
1. Even though you’re not using weights, do some dynamic warm-ups and perform the exercises with their full range of motion.
2. Get the technique right – I’ve included youtube links below each exercise from Passion4Profession as a how-to-guide on each exercise.
3. Perform everything except the burpees in a controlled movement – don’t go as fast as possible, make sure you keep the muscles engaged – remember, muscle growth comes from. TIME UNDER TENSION, which just means how long you perform a rep for and keep your muscle under strain. General rule of thumb is to perform each exercise for at least 30 seconds – so if you’re performing 10 reps, each rep should last 3 seconds.
The Home Workout Routine:
- Burpees – 10 reps
- Hindu Push Ups – 10 reps
- Mountain Climbers – 30 seconds
- Squats – 10 reps
- Reverse Crunch – 10 reps
- Russian Twist – 10 reps each side
Perform each exercise one after the other, with 10 seconds rest between each exercise.
Once you perform all the exercises once, rest for 3-5 minutes do it again another 2 times. That’s 150 reps in what should take about 20-30 minutes.
If it becomes too easy, perform more reps and more rounds.
AND don’t forget to stretch after your session!
Enjoy your home workout with some music – it’s been proven to boost your performance and mood
You can use our awesome sounding wireless speakers OR if you don’t want to wake the neighbours, just use a pair of our wireless earbuds – they’re sweatproof and snug fitting, so they won’t fall out while you’re getting your sweat on.